For Select Festival 2017 (29 April – 28 May) we are pleased to announce a creative brief with prizes, in association with Stroud Festival.
We are launching a competition to find the most innovative, inspired, original, creative, fantastic and glorious head pieces that you can come up with.
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED
You can see the entries around Stroud in shop windows or see them online at sitselect.org/headdresstrail.html
Brief to create an original creative head adornment
- The head adornment or head dress should be made out of natural materials or recycled/reclaimed materials – or can be made using both.
- The piece should be original and not a copy.
- You can use limited man made materials to bind or secure but these should not be seen. It is preferable if natural or reclaimed are used.
- It would be fantastic if the final artwork can be worn rather than being a sculptural piece.
- 1st Prize £150
- 2nd Prize £100
- 3rd Prize £50
There may be additional prizes which are being sought.
NB if you are collecting natural materials please respect the environment and do not take anything that may damage the environment.
- Strangeness & Charm Gloucester Street
- Oxfam King Street
- Blue Stocking Wool Shop George Street
- Fourteen Kendrick Street
- Made in Stroud Kendrick Street
- Rococo Kendrick Street
- Moonflower Fashion High Street
- Wild Boar High Street
- R & R Books Nelson Street