For Select Festival 2017 (29 April – 28 May) we are pleased to announce a creative brief with prizes, in association with Stroud Festival.
We are launching a competition to find the most innovative, inspired, original, creative, fantastic and glorious head pieces that you can come up with.
Brief to create an original creative head adornment
- The head adornment or head dress should be made out of natural materials or recycled/reclaimed materials – or can be made using both.
- The piece should be original and not a copy.
- You can use limited man made materials to bind or secure but these should not be seen. It is preferable if natural or reclaimed are used.
- It would be fantastic if the final artwork can be worn rather than being a sculptural piece.
- The final work will be exhibited in a shop window in Stroud town.
- The works will be photographed as well and pictures placed on SIT select web and social network
- The final piece should be ready and completed by 8 April 2017
- You should provide your own stand for the work which can be a head mannequin or a handmade support or a support that befits the creation.
- The work will be judged by experts in the textile, fashion and creative industries and prizes awarded for the most innovative, inspired, original, creative fantastic glorious head piece.
- The works will be marketed regionally and nationally and images placed on the SIT select website
- You must register your interest to the SIT select office
- 1st Prize £150
- 2nd Prize £100
- 3rd Prize £50
There may be additional prizes which are being sought.
NB if you are collecting natural materials please respect the environment and do not take anything that may damage the environment.